Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Flash Fiction and Hint Fiction

I found this link to a blog with a competition for a Hint fiction story and i had no idea what hint fiction was. so i clicked on the link interested. (http://misfitsalon.blogspot.com/) Hint fiction is a story under 25 words, strange I know but it dose have its appeal. Not to mention if you can pull a hint fiction story off you have the skills to sell. I posted a story in this competition so figures crossed. Here is mine:


Kangaroo jockey
‘Hi where are you from?’‘Down under.’‘Oh wow, What do you do there?’‘I’m a Kangaroo jockey, why what do you do?’


how on earth did this come to be? Well i was talking to a friend in the USA and she said how weird it was that it is winter there and summer here, and it got me thinking about an email i got that had a tone of silly questions from Americans and people from other countries about what we do here in Australia. and many of the questions revolved around kangaroos. so just to be funny I said that yeah, where else would you ride a kangaroo to work? and we both laughed. and then i thought it would be kewl to write a book about racing kangaroos and the name kangaroo Jockey popped into my head.
And i found the link to the hint fiction competition, it was like destiny, or may just good timing. Any way I like this whole Hint fiction and Flash fiction, it is an intresting idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment